Hotel and Lodging Pest Control
Pest Control in the Hospitality Industry
Holder’s has been serving the needs of the hospitality industry since 1947. We recognize your pest management needs are critical to the success of your organization and require technical expertise. That is why we offer pest control services tailored for hotels, resorts, and inns in Houston. Our GuestGuard™ Program offers a new level of protection and safeguards your properties with solutions for bed bugs, roaches, flies and other insect and rodent pests.
Holder’s GuestGuard™ Program is designed to:
- Minimize your concerns related to pests and the problems they cause.
- Provide your properties with a sophisticated pest management program.
- Contribute to the success of your environmental initiatives through a true IPM program, which focuses on prevention.
- Support your goals to be competitive and profitable with a pest-free environment.
- Protect your reputation and brand.
Market differentiation and managing brand consistency across all your locations can be a challenge and the key to success. Unlike any other program on the market, Holder’s GuestGuard™ Program supports this effort and delivers a powerful combination of benefits developed specifically for the hospitality industry.
Hotel Pest Control Procedures
Keeping your staff informed of the common places pests become problems, and how to handle it, is your best line of defense after a routine pest inspection from a pest professional.
- Check hotel lobbies and other entryways. Install door sweeps and keep landscaping well maintained.
- Guest rooms should be thoroughly inspected. Staff should look for signs of bed bugs in various hiding spots (head boards, behind picture frames, under carpet, etc.).
- Seal all food containers in kitchens and make sure spills and other food messes are quickly cleaned up. Inspect food shipments as they come in.
- Repair any laundry room leaks and regularly sweep up lint and debris.
- Keep dumpsters far from hotel entrances. Frequently sanitize the interior and surrounding areas.
Bed Bugs in Hotels
Most pests that are found in hotels are easy to prevent. Bed bugs, on the other hand, are much more difficult due to their hitchhiking nature. With travelers coming from all over, and a high rate of turnover, there are numerous opportunities for bed bugs to find their way into one of your rooms every day. In the hotel and hospitality industry, your best form of protection is to be proactive with frequent inspections.
This includes training your staff on how to detect a bed bug problem before a guest does. Employees that are in guest rooms or the laundry room should regularly check and inspect bed sheets, pillowcases, mattresses, headboards and even other room furniture like chairs and curtains for signs of bed bugs.
View a sample of Holder’s Hospitality Action Plan for bed bugs.
Learn More About Our Full Service Solutions
Holder’s is a specialist in providing full-service solutions to the commercial marketplace. As such, we provide a comprehensive list of pest control services to meet your varied needs. Give us a call to learn about the different pest solutions and services we provide for hotels and resorts.
View a sample of Holder’s Hospitality Action Plan for bed bugs
Related Post From Our Blog
A cockroach’s lifespan and durability are astounding, if not downright mythical. Commonly known as “roaches,” they lived among dinosaurs 300 million years ago, survived nuclear radiation during World War 2, and developed immunity to countless [...]
Now that summer in Houston is in full swing, it’s no surprise that we’re seeing a rise in mosquito populations. Since Houston is ranked as number 7 of the worst U.S. cities with mosquitoes, the [...]
Pest sightings and infestations have the potential to damage your hotel’s reputation. While the nature of the hospitality industry makes your business a prime target for pests, implementing a set of standard operating procedures around [...]