Bed Bug Heat Treatment
Heat treatment (or thermal remediation) is an effective means of killing bed bugs in both residential and commercial environments. Unlike conventional bed bug treatments, heat kills adult bed bugs as well as nymphs and eggs. Heat can also reach bed bugs that are exposed, in addition to those in places not readily visible or accessible. This bed bug control method is environmentally responsible and, in most cases, eliminates bed bugs in a single day and with a single treatment.
Why Heat Is Effective In Killing Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are unable to survive in extreme heat. 135°F is what industry experts call the bed bug kill zone. Once that air temperature is achieved, bed bugs will die.
How Does It Work?
At Holder’s, our bed bug specialists kill bed bugs in infested areas using specialized mobile heating units. Heaters are designed to pump hot air in all four directions and raise the air temperature of a room up to 135°F and then to maintain that temperature for a designated period of time.
Benefits of Heat Treatment For Bed Bugs
- A green pest control solution
- Treatment is typically completed in one day
- Kills all stages of bed bug development -adults, nymphs and eggs
- Eliminates bed bugs in hard to reach areas including under floorboards, inside walls and electrical outlets, mattresses and electronic equipment
- Peace of mind that no items will be left infested after treatment
- Ideal for single family homes, apartment units, hotels, school dormitories and most other spaces
How Much Do Bed Bug Heat Treatments Cost?
Cost of bed bug heat treatments vary depending on the size of the area to be treated and the severity of the infestation. When you contact Holder’s Pest Solutions for thermal remediation, we’ll assess your situation and provide you with an estimate for treatment.
Preparing For A Heat Treatment
Please follow the recommendations below in order to make sure your heat treatment is effective.
- Remove all pets from the premises. This includes dogs, cats, fish, birds, rodents, reptiles, etc.
- Our equipment must be able to reach the infested area; please make sure that there is a clear path.
- Unplug electronics from outlets in infested rooms.
- Removing clothing from bureaus is not necessary if they are not tightly packed. If they are, please loosely place them in laundry baskets.
- Store medication in the fridge or remove from the premises while heat treatment is performed.
- Store food that may melt at higher temperatures in the refrigerator.
- Collect all aerosols and pressurized cans, compressed gases, flammable or combustible chemicals, cds, candles, wax figurines, oil paintings, musical instruments (like guitars), flammable products, indoor plants, seeds, bulbs, carbonated beverages or drinks under pressure and any other valuables that you may think could be damaged by temperatures ranging between 120°F and 150°F. Place by door in a box so that they are removed prior to treatment.
Our team will provide you with additional instructions/recommendations prior your bed bug heat treatment.