Termite Control & Treatment in Houston
Did you know that termites cause over $5 billion in damage to properties across the United States each year? These silent destroyers cause severe destruction, resulting in a high cost in repair for both homes and businesses. In fact, the average cost of termite repairs is more than $8,000 per incident – you could build a small addition with that kind of money! Houston residents and business owners fall victim to termites year after year – don’t be next.
Holder’s Pest Solutions has been providing termite control in Houston for over 70 years. Our technicians are true specialists and use the latest, most effective termite-fighting technology the pest control industry offers. We provide comprehensive termite treatment plans that include a free initial termite inspection (excluding inspections for real estate purposes) and a range of control methods that are customized to suit your problem areas.
What to Expect:
- Inspection: Holder’s technicians will inspect for termite activity in areas you have noticed damage, and common trouble spots you may have missed. Your first inspection is on us! (excluding inspections for real estate purposes)
- Assessment: Based on what we find, we will put together a thorough written report of where termite damage was found and where you may be vulnerable to termite issues in the future due to current conditions. We will also make recommendations for prevention and areas to pay close attention to.
- Treatment: Your termite technician will then cover the treatment and monitoring options available to you and recommend next steps. We use Sentricon® Termite Elimination System as our primary method of control – the superior method in the pest control field.
The Threat of Termites
It’s hard to imagine that something so small can wreak so much havoc. The termites found in Houston are some of the most aggressive in the country with three main species: subterranean termites, drywood termites, and Formosan termites (a subspecies of subterranean).
These termites work 24/7 and at incredibly quick rates. In fact, a colony can eat through a foot of 2×4 in a matter of months. Is your house made of brick or concrete? You’re still not off the hook. Most of these homes are still attached to wooden frames, and the cellulose that termites love can be found in other places in your home such as drywall, wallpaper, and wooden furniture. Because of their small size, it’s quite easy for termites to find their way in your home.
Termite Treatment Methods:
Holder’s Pest Solutions is a Certified Sentricon® Specialist, authorized to install the Sentricon® Termite Colony Elimination System. We install this integrated baiting and monitoring system to address existing subterranean termite problems and also provide ongoing protection against these wood-destroying insects.
How it works: Sentricon® uses cellulose-based bait that offers an alternative meal for termites, strategically placed to catch them as they approach your home. Once termites begin to target the bait stations instead, they attract the rest of the colony by laying pheromone tracks. The chemical used in Sentricon® inhibits the molting process (a stage of reproduction) that will prevent the termite colony from growing and eventually die off.
Sentricon® is the only termite product awarded the EPA’s Presidential Green Chemistry Award for being environmentally responsible and has protected United States landmarks such as the Statue of Liberty, Independence Hall, and even the White House.
While Sentricon® is ideal for preventing termites in the first place, there are other methods of spot treating, or localized treatments, that can be used if you are already experiencing issues. This type of treatment can be either liquid or foam, and is injected into areas where termite infestations are suspected or where damage has occurred.
Our technicians will analyze your situation and the level of risk you are facing to determine the best termite treatment method for you. This analysis is based on what type of termite you may be dealing with, how severe a current infestation is, and how at risk you are for termites to invade.
Holder’s “EIR” Termite Advantage
- Experience: We have years of experience inspecting and treating structures for termites. We know what is important to homeowners and businesses, and will get our job done with minimal disruption to our clients.
- Innovation: We use the latest, most progressive and innovative termite management technology and treatment techniques.
- Reliability: Holder’s highly-trained and experienced technicians and inspectors know termites and how to eliminate them.
Related Post From Our Blog
Termite damage and rotting wood can be absolutely detrimental when it comes to the structure of your building. However, because both causes of wood decay have similar looking effects, it can be difficult to distinguish [...]