As 2013 comes to a close, we all start thinking about everything this last year has had to offer. If 2013 has been full of crazy ants, German cockroaches and other pests inside your home, we would like to help you in 2014!
Along with trustworthy pest management services throughout the year, the pest management professionals at Holder’s Pest Solutions would like to offer a few pest prevention tips to keep your home free from some of the pest invaders in Texas that would like to make your home their own.
Get A Free Quote
Pest prevention is half the battle against pests; if you modify the environment in which you live, you can help prevent them from taking over. Our helpful pest prevention tips for 2014 include:
- Eliminate holes in the exterior of your home. This includes closing up gaps in siding and making sure the foundation is free from cracks and crevices.
- Keep your kitchen and pantry clean. Food spills and crumbs can attract the pests in Texas; cockroaches, as well as rodents and flies, will all be drawn to food that is easily available in your home.
- Eliminate areas of clutter – these areas can act as good hiding places for pests like spiders.
- Cut tree branches and shrubs back away from your home; these can act as a bridge to your home for pests looking to get inside.
- Keep pet foods picked up when not in use and always store pet food in air-tight containers.
- Never leave dirty dishes in your sink overnight.
- Enlist the professionals at Holder’s Pest Solutions to provide year-round pest management services with our Total Home Pest Protection plan.
These tips can also act as New Year Resolutions! If you resolve to keep pests out of your Houston homes this year, you won’t have to worry about fighting infestations once they take hold. Believe us, treating an infestation is much more of a hassle than preventing one!
To enjoy a happy New Year, contact the Houston pest management professionals at Holder’s Pest Solutions today to set up your first inspection.