There’s nothing like an old-fashioned sugar cookie to sweeten up the holiday season. With thanksgiving around the corner you are likely starting to think of recipes that will keep your guests happy and also serve as a good gift to bring to a party. We thought it was a good idea to share a classic sugar cookie recipe in light of the holiday season. Who doesn’t love a sweet treat like sugar cookies?
Get A Free Quote
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½-teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Drop dough onto baking sheets and bake at 350° F for 12 to 15 minutes.
Click here for more information on this sugar cookie recipe.
Be sure that when you are rummaging through the pantry to find the flour and sugar that you are carefully looking out for pantry pests. That’s right, if you are not paying attention you may very well be mixing in an unwanted ingredient. Pantry pests in Houston and throughout Texas can contaminate your food and leave you with an uneasy (perhaps queasy) feeling knowing that there have been beetles, moths or even roaches infesting your stored products.
To avoid run ins with pantry pests (aka stored product pests) this holiday season be sure that you are paying close attention to your kitchen cupboards and the products you are purchasing at the grocery store.
- Inspect all open stored products for any signs of bugs, beetles, or moths. Discard any food that looks questionable or is past its date.
- When at the grocery store, do not purchase items with damaged packaging, as this is a perfect opportunity for pests to sneak their way in.
To learn more about stored product pests and pest control in Houston, Texas, please contact the TX pest control experts at Holder’s Pest Solutions.