If your business is located in an area where mosquitoes are present, you are surely aware of how troublesome these pests can be. Not only do they tend to swarm in the masses, but also mosquito bites can lead to the spread of West Nile Virus and other mosquito borne illnesses. Bottom line, mosquitoes and your business are not a good match. Our Houston pest control professionals at Holder’s Pest Solutions have a few tips and solutions to share in order to help you get through this summer without the mosquitoes forcing your employees and customers to run away!
- Get rid of any objects on the property that tend to collect water during rainstorms.
- Fill in holes where puddles form around the premises.
- Keep drains, ditches and gutters clear so that water flows rather than sits still.
- Keep trash bins and dumpsters closed so that rainwater does not collect inside.
- Repair leaky pipes and outdoor faucets and divert water away from the foundation so it can’t pool.
- Keep grass cut and landscaping such as shrubs and bushes trimmed to eliminate harborages.
Depending on the location of your facility, you may find that you deal with severe mosquito infestations or perhaps you are in a location where you do not see many mosquitoes at all. Either way, it is always best to be proactive. Especially if your business is hosting an outdoor event this summer, you want to ensure that the property is not currently promoting mass mosquito breeding. Call us for an inspection!
Holder’s Pest Solutions offers mosquito treatments to help minimize the populations of mosquitoes during events and everyday business practice. Our solutions are designed to suit your business’ needs specifically because we understand that mosquito populations can vary dramatically from place to place.