Spring is almost here, and in Texas that means pests are becoming active again. These pests can enter your home intentionally or accidentally, but you can take control by taking precautions in and around your home. It is common to assume that because the weather is generally mild in Houston, pests remain active year-round. This is not always the case. Pests, regardless of the weather where they live, go through periods of high and low activity. Ants in Texas, for example, along with termites and stinging insects, have been in a period of low activity. As spring approaches, they will become much more active, causing problems for homeowners.
Holder’s Pest Solutions, your Houston pest control experts, would like to offer some solutions to these pest problems. Below, are some prevention tips for your home and property:
Get A Free Quote
Inspect the outdoor space around your home:
- Trim back trees and bushes that have overgrown and physically touch the exterior of your home.
- Check the placement of outdoor garbage cans to make sure the lids fit tightly and are a good distance from your home.
- Rake up and remove debris that has collected in your yard. Piles of leaves, old mulch and fallen trees and/or limbs will attract pests.
Inspect the exterior of your home:
- Fill any gaps or cracks found in your home’s siding, foundation and roof area.
- Make sure the chimney cap fits securely.
- Gutters should be cleaned with no clogs present.
- Exterior doors and windows should be inspected, gaps should be caulked and door sweeps and screens should be repaired or replaced if needed.
Try a bit of spring cleaning inside:
- Go through storage areas like closets, basements and attics and eliminate clutter. Clutter gives pests a place to hide and makes it more difficult to see them.
- Deep clean your kitchen to help remove crumbs and spills in corners and around or behind appliances.
- Repair leaky pipes and fixtures to avoid attracting pests to water and humidity sources.
Taking a little bit of extra time now to prepare your home for spring can help you prevent an infestation from developing down the road. At Holder’s Pest Solutions, our Houston exterminators understand just how important your home is. We will do everything we can to help keep you and your family safe from spring pests. For pest control in Houston and throughout Texas, contact the professions at Holder’s Pest Solutions today.
For pest control in Houston and throughout Texas, contact the professions at Holder’s Pest Solutions today.