Termite Control Services for Houston / Galveston Area
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Holder’s resourceful technicians will inspect for termite activity in areas where you’ve noticed damage, and common trouble spots that you may have missed.
- Following the inspection, you will receive a written report of where termite damage was found or areas that may be vulnerable to termite issues in the future.
- Your termite technician will then cover the treatment and monitoring options available to you and recommend next steps.
How Do I Know If I Have Termites?
There are multiple signs that termites may be present
- Small, flying insects – Termites swarm to find a new nesting site, so you may see the “swarmers” hovering near windows or their discarded wings on the exterior of your home. If you can catch termites at this stage, you can save yourself a lot of time and heartache.
- Mud tubes – Termites will construct mud tubes around their paths because they need constant exposure to moisture. These tubes may appear on the exterior or interior of your home, particularly around the foundation.
- Floor damage – Flooring may blister or snag in areas.
- Wall damage – Cracks may appear in internal walls.
- Ceiling damage – Cracks on ceilings & cornices may develop.
- Foundation damage – Although termites do not eat concrete, they are able to squeeze through cracks to gain access to wooden floor joints.
- Sticking windows/doors – Doors may become difficult to open as termites habits cause these structures to become misshapen.
- Damaged roof tiles – Excess moisture may appear in your home due to loose, broken or damp roof tiles.
- Weakened/hollow sounding wood – As termites eat through the wood, they create hollow areas within the wood, resulting in a wood that does not hold weight or sounds hollow (because it is)..
- Termite swarms – Swarms of termites may be seen around stumps, firewood, mulch, or similar locations.
- Other signs of termite damage – Termites are also known to cause damage to insulation, plaster, books, and swimming pool liners – anything that contains cellulose. If you see inexplicable damage or what looks like little pin holes, it may be termites.
Can I Do It Myself?
Do-it-yourself termite treatments and products are generally not effective. Termites are difficult to eradicate, even for professionals, because they thrive in hard-to-reach areas. A professional knows where these pests are and has a treatment protocol that will stop them with multiple control methods. Homeowners do not have access to the same tools and training a professional has, which decreases the effectiveness and increases the risk to homeowners and their families.
Is There An Inspection Fee?
No, there is no charge for inspection unless the inspection is for the sale of real estate.
How Soon Can You Get Here?
At Holder’s Pest Solutions, we are committed to helping you as soon as possible. Often we are able to respond within the first 24 hours.